Sunday, February 13, 2011

A New Beginning...


February 13th at 8:47 p.m. I hear footsteps approaching the door to my room. Next, I see a brown haired boy with a big smile and giggles proclaim, " I want to ask Jesus into my heart." The little boy is my son, my youngest son Aidan. I encourage him to come in, sit on my bed and tell my why he needs Jesus. I then tell him to hold on just a minute while I get Daddy who is downstairs because in my head I am thinking I do not want him to miss this moment. Michael and I have had the honor and privilege of witnessing each of our children come to Him and choose Him. Michael joins us and begins asking Aidan questions to help ensure he understands the greatness of his decision to become a child of God. He answers some without hesitation and others he is less sure. We finish our talk with Aidan by telling him that now all he has to do is Ask! Ask God to come into his heart. We ask if he wants us to pray with him or if he wants to talk to God on his own. He is quite a passionate prayer warrior so he decides to ask God in his own words. We bow our heads and we listen as Aidan says," Jesus, come into my heart, please." Tears fill my little boys eyes as he say Amen and I look into those big brown eyes. Tears fill mine too. He is now my brother. He has just begun a wonderful and challenging journey. Michael and I both hug him and celebrate with him. He runs to tell his sisters and brother about what he did tonight. They rejoice with him. Our whole house feels joyous! I sit here in Awe! I wanted to get this down before I go to bed and forget all the wonderful details of tonight. I know you our readers, friends, and family celebrate with us too.

My cup overfloweth! Hallelujah


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Angela! I'm rejoicing with you and Michael. :)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Tell Aidan I am so proud of him! He is now my brother too! :) Know that I'm sending hugs your way!!
-Laura Davion :)

Tara said...

Amen! I am so proud of my sweet little nephew. Love you!