This morning Nathan came downstairs with a nice scratch across his face. He began to tell us that Aidan took his bookmark and hit him hard with it. Alexis and Nathan were reading and he wanted them to read another book or give him their attention and so he got mad and got their attention in another way. We are trying really hard to teach him to speak his feelings. And so we called them both together, asked Nathan to share his side and then asked Aidan if what Nathan said was true. He said Yes, I hit Nathan on purpose. We said why did you hit him on purpose? He said because satan made me. We told him that satan did not make him but they he made the choice to hit Nathan. He agreed. Michael and I both were surprised by his words.
We have however been talking to him about taking his life to God, whether he is angry, sad, or happy. I talked to the kids this week about their attitudes and about whining to get there way. I have been trying to encourage them to think this way...
"Kids, you have a choice, you can listen to Satan, who is telling you that you need to do what you want to do, or you can listen to Jesus who is telling you to be happily obedient to Mommy and Daddy. Which choice are you going to make?"
So far they always want to choose the right way but sometimes they fail just like me and Daddy and make the wrong choice and then are of course punished accordingly.
So it looks like Aidan is listening to what we are saying...now we all just have to live it out each day.
1 comment:
yeah...thass one spiritually astute kid y'got there. I remember being dumbfounded by the depth of our conversation back in June. Is it sad that I've seen people with ordinations who could learn from him?
Post a Comment