Monday, August 8, 2011

Time Flies When You Are Having Fun!

Greetings to Our precious Friends and Family!

I can't believe it is August! Our family has only a few short months in the Monterey Bay Area. We will be leaving here early in December and taking a month of leave to visit with family and friends before our 16 month tour in Nepal. We will return to the Monterey Area and fly to Nepal from here in January.  The Kay school is back in session and everyone is excited about all the wonderful things to discover and learn!  Michael is doing Great in French and currently has a 3.0 GPA and only ten weeks left till graduation. WE are so proud of him : )   I am so close to finishing my bachelor's degree that I can hardly stand it!  Our church family has been so supportive and has blessed our family. I have had the privilege of leading another congregation in worship as a worship team leader and I am sad that in only 4 months I will be leaving this wonderful position that has blessed me and contributed to my growth in Christ. I am humbled by the blessings and opportunities God has given me to serve Him at LBC. God has always led us to a place that we can serve Him.  We have a family here in the Monterey Bay Area that will be missed but will forever have a special place in our hearts and lives because they are a part of our story, our journey in Christ. I am in awe of Him and the ways He has provided for our every need and desire!

We are going through the process for orders to head overseas again.  The process includes EFMP screening, passports, and shots. The children have completed their screenings and I am scheduled to get mine done. The doctors will write prescriptions for the required shots and we will go to the county office to receive our immunizations. We are talking with the family that is currently in Nepal and who we will be replacing.  They have provided insight and suggestions about what lies ahead for us but until we get there we have no idea what we are going to experience. We ask for your prayers as we prepare for our upcoming adventure. We thank God for the path He has chose for us and we strive to walk in a way that is pleasing to Him.  Our family has experienced a lot of illness in the last month or so and I am praying that our bodies will be strong and healthy once again. 

We are thankful for the blessings He pours out in our lives daily!
 Love and Hugs from The Kay Clan : )

Nathan is being a sweet big brother to Noelle who has an ear infection! He offered to carry her : )
Aidan's First Day of ASchool August 1, 2011
Nathan's First Day of School August 1, 2011
 Alexis's First Day of School August 1, 2011
Baptism on Lover's Point Beach Monterey, CA. 
This is a friend of ours getting baptized! Aleah and Alexis are good friends. It was a blessing to be there to witness her baptism and to celebrate with her and her family! 

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow first day of school. You family is so amazing, and I will continue to send lots of prayers up.

Angela, I am so thankful to have you as my sister. I love when people at Church ask about you. It always brings a smile to my face to share news about you and your family.

Thank for blessing me with your love, and I look forward to you sharing your story.

Love you!

Around here they call me mommy. said...

Angela, where did you get those neat little sheets they filled out. Thanks for sharing, it is so nice to see your faces.

The Kay Family said...

http://www.abcteach.com/free/members/12174.pdf here is the link for the pdf that I used. Last year I made my own but there are so many great ones out there for free!