Thursday, January 24, 2013

Deployment Day 293: When I am Weak I am Strong

2 Corinthians 12:9-11
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

There have been many times I have seen my weaknesses turned to strength. Deployment is one of those times when I don't have all the comfortable things I come to depend on. Deployment takes away my sleeping partner, my live in babysitter, my small, medium, and large project manager, my garbage assistant, (the garbage assistant is especially nice in the winter when it is too cold to haul the trash cans to the curb), my part-time chef,  and my security system. These are just a few things that Michael is actively involved in when he is here that makes my life comfortable or a little easier to achieve the day to day tasks. He is such an active father with the education of our children and so much more. I could go on and on about his involvement when he is here but that is not point that I am trying to get across right now. The point is that when I don't have Michael here my dependence shifts from relying on Michael to relying more on God. I can share examples about how each of the things mentioned above have been provided for in my life through God's goodness. He has rocked me to sleep many nights with the truth in His word. He has provided willing hearts to care for my children. He has provided me with painters, builders, and creative problem solvers. He has raised up new garbage assistants and chefs, and He is my ultimate security system. I do not fear for I know my God is with me always. He will protect me and my family! I realize these things may not sound like weaknesses and more like missing pieces. Well, it is those missing pieces that lead me to the lie that I am all alone and I can't do these things alone. I find myself defeated, frustrated, and sad. It is when I feel defeated that God lifts me up and leads me to victory. It is when I am frustrated that He gives me joy in affliction. It is when I am sad that he wipes away my tears with His love. 

James 4:10 says, Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up. I realize I can do nothing without Him. I realize that I am dependent upon His grace. I want to give all I have and all I am to Him because I know that He can take my offering and do more than I could ever do with it. When I am weak I am strong because God is made manifest in my life. 

He is not done with me yet! 
~ Angela 




2 comments:

tkowmas@hotmail.com said...

Your words always open my eyes to the choices I make in my own life. You are my HERO! You continue to inspire, and to focus on HIM during the tough times.

I love you sis!

The Kay Family said...

I am so glad that I can encourage you. You certainly encourage me. I love you!