We have only a few short weeks until Michael comes home. As the time draws closer it seems time slows down. The days are dragging and I don't want to live one more second without Michael. These final days are weighing on the kids too. I am trying to remind myself, while modeling for the kids, that we must continue to live in the present. So thankful for my wise husband who reminds me daily to live in the present. So...yesterday when I was very sad, I was reminded that there is beauty in the sorrow. My love and longing for my husband is the reason I am sad. I miss him. My children end most sentences with "when daddy gets home" because they too want to share life with him. We are so blessed to have him in our life!
Ok, so I titled this post...not finished yet. It is my desire to live, to learn, and to love every day. I have learned a lot this deployment and plan to keep learning until it is over. Then, the new adventure begins and more learning. So excited about the reunion! I don't take for granted how much this deployment has changed us both. As much as I say I can't wait to just be together again, I know that together again will have its challenges. I look forward to the lessons we will learn together. I am thankful for the lessons each day provides.
~ Angela
No comments:
Post a Comment