Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Deployment Day 201: Serving others

One of my ministry positions this year is serving on the board as the outreach coordinator for the Protestant Women of the Chapel. One of the big events my team sponsors annually is the Ministry Appreciation Lunch. This year I decided on a Chuck Wagon Theme. The first picture is the buffet table. I built a frame out of pvc pipes and pool noodles. I made a small frame to sit the wheels into it and then just draped painters tarp over the frame to make it look like a covered wagon. It was  blessing to plan and host this event. I had a large group of helpers. The picture below is only half of the ladies who supported the development and the execution of this event. I had a great time encouraging our chaplains and support staff. I love serving the Lord by serving others. I had a wonderful model and encouragement at a young age from my father. I remember as a young child being reminded by my dad that the greatest in the kingdom is the servant of all. (Mark 10:44) After the event was over I crashed and cried a bit. I kept thinking who am I that you are mindful of me. I experienced such a deep abiding presence of God and felt such  awe that He is thinking of me, hear me when I call, and he loves me. He love ME...He loves YOU.

So thankful,
Angela 

P.S. We are over 200 days in...only 164 days left :)





2 comments:

Tara said...

You all did an awesome job. Love you!

Rodney H. Kay said...

One of the things we do is call "Impact Eagle River". On this Sunday, we do not have service, but go throughout the community helping people. We fix fences, clean gutters, rake leaves, whatever needs doing. Maybe you could incorporate this next year!