On February 10th I posted this on my Facebook page:
"I am so blessed. I live each day with joy and
peace because I know my God loves me, is with me, and has a plan for my
life. I know that the ache that I feel right now for my husband is seen
by my God. He taught me how to love my husband in a way that I could not
understand had I not experienced His love. Every day my heart is
getting bigger and making me better able to love Michael Kay."
Michael posted this comment on my status. " I cherish you my love. Who needs Valentine's? We are passionately in love every day."
Today, my oldest son Nathan and my oldest daughter Alexis were talking about Valentine's day. Interestingly enough, they both said something very similar to their daddy. They said, we show love to each other every day! What is the point of Valentine's day? I couldn't agree with them more. I am very thankful for such wonderful children who are very open with how they feel. And who offer love so freely with lots of hugs. There daddy is the same way. It is comforting to know that I am loved. I don't worry about losing Michael's love when I fail because he offers me unconditional love. It is amazing to think about how clueless I was when we fell in love. I remember thinking I knew what love was. I remember thinking it could not get any better than the way I felt the first time he told me he loved me and I knew I loved him. I remember all the challenges during the first few years of our marriage. The challenges taught me so much more about love. Then the blessing of each child made me realize the depth of love. I am not perfect, Michael is not perfect, our children are not perfect, but God abides in us and His love is perfected in us when we love one another. (1 John 4:12)
I want my family to KNOW they are loved. I choose to make every day Valentine's day!
~ Angela
No comments:
Post a Comment