Saturday, February 16, 2013

Deployment Day 316: Coming Alive

When I was a little girl I would make up songs. I would use the tune of a song I knew and add my own words. I was doing this from the moment I could talk. I lived in a musical home. My mom, my sisters, and even my babysitter sang with me. I LOVE music. Music has been a source of comfort in my life. I wrote a cry of the heart song this year. Today I had the opportunity to record it with a friend. It is a raw recording of just me and my guitar. When I first heard the song played back to me I was in tears. Something came alive in me! I had just given birth to my song. I don't have any expectations for this song. It is simply an offering of my heart. I do however have more songs that I now feel free to share. I felt so vulnerable when I first shared my song but now I feel free...I feel alive!

Here is the recording from today.

~ Angela 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Just like you. :)

Unknown said...

<3