Saturday, September 8, 2012

Deployment Day 155: A day at home

It is not very often these days that we get to spend an entire day at home. Today we had a full day at home. I actually let myself sleep in pretty late knowing that I did not plan to go anywhere. I woke up at 9am! This morning we had cinnamon rolls, eggs, and bacon for breakfast :) After breakfast I began going through the house cleaning out clothing that is too small or stained, broken toys, and toys that they children no longer play with. This process is going to take the rest of the week or more to get things in order. It was a beautiful day outside. I opened up the windows and enjoyed the fresh breeze coming through the windows.  It was a pleasant and relaxing day. It was also a mentally challenging day.

I missed Michael. He is always so good to help go through stuff. He loves fall activities like going apple picking. I watched the family next door gear up to go apple picking and it made me sad. I miss his presence in the house. The weekends are so hard because I see all the families in the neighborhood doing stuff together.

Single parenting is pretty hard too. Nathan came home today after playing with his friends because his friends asked him to leave so they could talk about girls. He had to take a stand before about not wanting to talk about girls.  They know how he feels so instead this time they warned him that they would be talking about girls. Proud of my son for coming home but so want to hide him inside with me to keep him safe from all harm. He never told me what they say about girls but the fact that they like girls is weird to him. He is only in fourth grade. He needs his daddy! And I need his daddy too!!! 

Tonight all hands were on deck as we cleaned up the kitchen. The children are very helpful most of the time. Being home with them is such a blessing. Thankful for the gift of today!

~ Angela

1 comment:

michael said...

Tell Nathan I am VERY proud of him...