It is kind of a sad to hear our children discuss how many birthdays daddy has not been home for. Daddy has missed three birthdays for the three older children and this deployment will make two birthdays for Noelle. They don't seem sad about it but it definitely matters to them. I guess I should mention that Michael has missed three of my birthdays and three of our anniversaries due to deployments. He has missed more birthdays and anniversaries because of training exercises near and far. I am not complaining because the children and I don't focus on the days he is not here but instead focus on the all days he is here.
Michael and I try to be intentional about the time we spend with our children. I love hearing the children reminisce about the time we spend together. Today Aidan reflected on former birthdays to help him think about what daddy would have done if he were here. Michael is going to be mad when he reads this because we escaped his favorite tradition today. Michael loves to give birthday spankings. It seems that he always forgets our age and gives us some bonus spankings. At lunch today the children kept talking about who is going to give the birthday spankings. They also told me that daddy told them to give me 35 spankings. I am only 33 today! But of course he loves to dish out extras!!! Sorry honey...the spankings did not happen today because no one volunteered to spank me :) Smart kiddos!
What we did do today is just be together. We had a good time talking, walking, and shopping. We came home early to play with our new toys and got settled in early for the evening. We missed daddy so much. We got to Skype with him this morning, which always makes our day. I go to sleep tonight with a thankful heart for a family that I love so much and for the blessings of love.
~ Angela
 |
| My most cherished gifts minus one...Michael. |
 |
| My birthday buddy :) |
 |
| Cinnamon toast shaped like a heart, orange wedges, and hot chocolate...Yum! |
 |
| Waking up to the sound of happy birthday to you.... |
 |
| A picture with daddy this morning while eating his breakfast in bed! |
 |
| A camera, a wind up radio/flashlight combo, angry bird launcher, and a new ds game. |
1 comment:
I need a smiling, crying icon...
Post a Comment