Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Deployment Day 124: The Promise of a Rainbow

We finally got some rain. We also had lightning, strong winds, and hail. But after all that beauty (yes I think storms are beautiful) we saw this glorious sight. As the kids and I looked from our deck at this gorgeous view were were in awe of how Amazing God is!

The rainbow symbolizes God's faithfulness.

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.
His mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning.
Great is thy faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23 RSV)


As I looked at the rainbow tonight I felt so much peace. I felt such confidence in His presence. This deployment has me in a constant mental battle. Somehow I am convinced that it would be so much easier if Michael was here. Michael being here would be better but not easier. I would have my ally but we both would still have the challenges of this life. 

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God…  "Our God by Chris Tomlin"

 In the midst of life's storms God provided a rainbow.
~ Angela


2 comments:

Tara said...

Angela, beautiful picture. Thank you for reminding me of His love and faithfulness. Love you!

The Kay Family said...

Great is Thy Faithfulness! Love you