Monday, August 20, 2012

Deployment Day 136

Today started out with the celebration of our little girl who is not so little anymore. A tradition of breakfast in bed for birthdays is a favorite in our house. French toast with whip cream  and hot tea brought a smile to my sleepy little girls face as we entered the room with breakfast tray in hand and the happy birthday song on our lips.

After breakfast we had a normal school day. For lunch she chose ham and cheese quesadillas. After lunch we walked around downtown Leavenworth. We went to the toy store, the military surplus store, the book barn, the party store, and 7-Eleven for a slurpee. We went home and played with the new toys until it was time for swim team practice. While the oldest children were at swim team I prepared our Chili supper and banana bread. My two youngest children enjoyed playing outside with the neighborhood kids. Aidan came inside with a very bloody ankle. I led him to the bathroom and got my stuff to begin to asses the damage. As soon as I saw the wound I was concerned. It was deep and had a strange U shape. He had been pulling a heavy garden wagon down the hill and it slammed into his ankle digging deep almost near the ligament. We spend three hours in a busy ER waiting to get stitches. He got 6 stitches. Nathan insisted on coming with me to the ER and with his brother. He said he needed to be there for his brother. He watched Aidan cry when the numbed the wound and watched them stitch him up. After Aidan was all stitched up he just let it out. He cried for his brother. It broke his heart to see Aidan go through so much. I was so proud of my boys and how they look out for each other. They both made me so proud tonight! We came home late and the boys were out in no time. My girls we brave tonight too. Alexis took care of Noelle and sacrificed the evening plans we had for her birthday. I am up way later than I need to be and have a busy week ahead of me but I feel so blessed.

Missing Michael more than ever but proud of myself for staying strong tonight and for trusting God. His presence is so real when my eyes are open.

~ Angela



No comments: