Tonight when I put each of my children to bed they held me tight and did not want me to leave their rooms. In fact most nights they beg for one more hug, one more story, and for me to stay with them. Night time is so hard because they are so used to daddy coming into their room and talking to them. They miss him so much!
Noelle is sleeping in her bed most nights now and is even able to go to sleep on her own. However, she loves for me to make up stories, read stories, and sing her a song before bedtime. Tonight we read two stories from her bible story book and then sang Jesus Loves Me together. After I left her room I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. She said she was scared. I told her goodnight. She said again she is scared. I told her to go sing Jesus Loves Me. She said, I can't sing without you. She said, I forget some of the words without you. One last time I told her goodnight and that I love her. I then saw her walk up the stairs and return to her bed. I listened to her sing Jesus loves me. The last sound I heard from her room was...Yes, Jesus Loves Me!
I am going to bed singing along with her! Jesus loves me!!!
~ Angela
No comments:
Post a Comment