Today was focused on remembering the life of granddaddy. I
shared stories with family members and friends of granddaddy. As I listened to
others talk about granddaddy I learned more about him and his character. Many
people stated that he was something special and that they had never known
anyone quite like him. His southern gentleman ways, his honesty, and his
positive attitude were common themes in stories. He touched so many lives. His
life had an impact on the lives of others.
I had the honor of reading Michael's blog post today at the
service. After a few
family members read his blog they felt like it needed to be read at the service. It
was an honor to share what granddaddy meant to Michael. Through Michael's eyes
I got to know granddaddy even more.
A lot of the day I kept thinking about the cost of being a
military family. So many family and friends I saw today I had not seen in a
long time. One family member when they said goodbye said, we love ya'll even
though we don't see ya'll much. I knew exactly what they meant and I understood
the sentiment. Michael's brother has four children who my children barely know.
I wish that were not the case.
Many of the people I met today have known granddaddy his whole life, have
watched his children grow up, and have served alongside him. I long to plant
some roots. However, I trust God has us where He wants us for now.
~ Angela

No comments:
Post a Comment