Friday, August 24, 2012

Deployment Day 140: Picnics and Potlucks and Preparations

The day began with a not back to school picnic with our homeschool group. We had a great turnout and the children played at the playground, played mini golf, and had fun skateboarding at the skate park. All the families brought a bag lunch. The day was cloudy with mild temperatures. After the picnic I spent all afternoon cooking. I cooked pasta salad for the swim team potluck that we went to tonight. I baked Alexis' strawberry cake for her party tomorrow along with the icing and fondant for the cake. By the time I got all that prepared and cleaned up it was time to go to the potluck at the pool. The kiddos had a blast swimming with their swim team friends. After that we came home, showered, and got ready for bed. I put the cake together so it will be ready for the party tomorrow. I will show you a picture tomorrow. Alexis is having a Nancy Drew themed birthday party. She is so excited and I have enjoyed planning this event. Her magnifying glass is mostly done. I will do final touches in the morning when I have a steady hand and I am not so sleepy. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I am too tired tonight. Missing Michael's presence. He is always a big help for birthday parties! We will miss you at the celebration tomorrow!

Good night!
~ Angela

No comments: