Saturday, August 25, 2012

Deployment Day 141: Fun times

Today was a great day! I had a few errands to run in the morning to pick up last minute items to prepare for Alexis' birthday party. Running errands was a blessing because I was able to do it without the children, which provided some time for me to have some alone time. I decided to drive Michael's  truck. I am glad I did because I cranked up the country and rock music and felt very close to my hubby. I miss him so much and it is amazing how something as simple as Sweet Home Alabama makes me feel like he is closer.

This afternoon Alexis celebrated her 12th birthday with her friend and siblings with a Nancy Drew themed party. It was very relaxed and so much fun :) The solved a mystery, did some finger print art, pretended to be sketch artists, and enjoyed a super sleuth cake along with some other goodies. Their goodie back was a Top Secret File that contained a pen, a detective notebook, a magnifying glass, a flashlight, a Nancy Drew paper doll set, and Skittles riddles...the colors don't match the flavor.  Alexis LOVED every minute of attention that was devoted to her. I am so proud of my girl and the young lady she is becoming.

After the party we went out to eat. When we got back the kiddos watched a movie while I played through the praise set list for the morning worship service I am leading. Then we got ready for bed. When I tucked everyone in bed I asked them if they missed daddy. Noelle said, Yes. I asked her what she missed about daddy and she said loving him. Alexis and Aidan said, Yes too and that they miss everything. Nathan is not feeling well and had fallen asleep before I came in to tell him goodnight and ask him but I have a feeling he would have said everything too. I am in agreement with all of my children. I miss loving him and EVERYTHING about him!

~ Angela















No comments: