Monday, July 16, 2012

Deployment Day 101: Disbelief

 I cannot believe the conversation I had with my little one at bedtime tonight. Our neighbor is a five year old little boy who Noelle plays with daily. He is a nice little boy and most of the time they get along great. Tonight Noelle told me that Andy asked her to go on a date with him. I asked her what she said. She said she told him she didn't want to go on a date. (Go ahead daddy celebrate like I did!) Then she said, "Anyways little kids can't go on dates...can they go on dates?" I said no, you can't go on a date yet. Then she said mom, how old were you when you got married. I swallowed hard before answering. I said I was 19 and I was in college. She said so when you are in college you can get married. I said sure if you find a nice man just like your daddy! The conversation then shifted into a discussion about graduating from college! Sigh...thank goodness.

How fitting on day 101 I felt like I had a conversation on Relationship 101.

I never imagined having a conversation like that with my four year old. I guess it is no surprise since she is the youngest to older siblings and is around a wide variety of children. And perhaps she learned about dating on one of the Disney shows her siblings like to watch. Praying for my children now as they sleep. Praying for present and future relationships. Praying for wisdom and guidance for me!

~ Angela

2 comments:

Mom said...

Next time it may not be that easy, says a mother of five girls.

The Kay Family said...

I have no doubt MOM! I am doing what I can to be ready.