Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Deployment Day 95: Words

Words can tear people down or lift them up. I am so thankful to have some wonderful people in my life who use words to lift me up, to encourage me, and challenge me. I have also fell victim to some harsh words. People are so messy and unkind sometimes. I am thankful that I have learned how messy we all are but the words still sting. As a mommy I know the words spoken over my children are very important. I know because of the words that were spoken over me when I was a child still speak to me. Sometimes it is hard to receive some of the words spoken over me or to me. Today my mom offered such kind words of encouragement that spoke directly to me about the beauty I have to offer, my value, and my purpose. She probably has no idea the impact of her words until now! What are you saying?

~ Angela 


No comments: