Saturday, July 14, 2012

Deployment Day 99

Each of the writings below are anonymous. I found them on this blog....http://alifeofaarmywife.blogspot.com/p/poemsqoutesand-info.html?zx=468d95df14703f7a



The Soldier's Spouse Creed

I am in love with a United States Soldier. I will support him in his defense of the Constitution of the United States of America. And I will understand that he must obey the orders of those appointed over him. I represent the true backbone and fighting spirit of the Army. And for those who have served before me I salute you with all the strength and loyalty my heart can muster. I proudly stand by the one I love with Honor, Courage and Commitment. I am committed to support my soldier and the United States Army.


My Daddy is a Soldier

My daddy is a soldier
he’s often gone away
to some far off country
where he has to stay.
I really miss my daddy
and I’m not sure what he does
except he helps other people
who need him very much.
At night when I say my prayers
I ask to keep daddy safe
so that he can come home to us
and sit in his favorite place.
Some nights I can hear mommy cry
when she thinks I’m asleep
I know she misses daddy
and her sadness hurts real deep.
I know that a day may come
when daddy won’t come home
and it scares me even thinking
that we will be alone.
My daddy is a soldier
he’s often gone away
And I am so very proud of him
each and every day.
Come home to us daddy
When your job is done
I know that those people needed you
But they aren’t the only ones.

A MILITARY WIFE'S PRAYER

At night when I crawl into bed;
My lonely pillow 'neath my head;
I close my eyes and say a prayer;
"God keep him safe way over there;
And make me strong so I wont cry;
It's kind of hard to be alone ;
To teach the kids when there half grown;
With out the strength of a fathers hand;
To guide them in this troubled land;
And God will you please let him know;
How much we love and miss him so."
And then I feel across the bed;
to where he use to lay his head.
And whisper to the evening air;
"Good night my darling way over there."

No comments: