Thursday, July 26, 2012

Deployment Day 111

Today started out on the right foot. I slept in. I got up and took the morning slow. I made apple muffins and drank a cup of coffee. After breakfast the children did their school work. So far so good. Next, I gathered the laundry throughout the house and put it in the car. My washer broke last week and will be fixed tomorrow before we go out of town so I had to go to the laundry mat to wash clothes so I could pack for our trip. A part had to be ordered so I had to go a week without a washer :( I washed the clothes that needed to be washed and brought them home to dry them. My dryer works Great!

While at the laundromat I had to discipline my boys. Then we went to the library because Nathan needed a book on clouds for school. We only had a short time because Alexis had an orthodontist appointment. I had another issue with my son at the library. Ugh. Then we went to orthodontist and all the kids were acting crazy. I began to wonder if I had somehow picked up the wrong children. At the appointment the orthodontist discovered Alexis needed to have her teeth cleaned so they called down the hygienist since her wires were off. I had to call the boys drum teacher to tell him I would be late. He was very kind and understanding. Alexis got discouraged at the orthodontist and a bit emotional. I was exhausted at this point. We raced home to meet drum teacher. During drum lesson I prepped dinner.

About 30 minutes into my dinner prep the doorbell rang and my friend was at the door with dinner for my family. She brought a beautiful beef and bean pie. She asked me about my day and I was able to tell her about the challenges. I knew her delivery was a delivery from God. I was immediately reminded of His presence and of His care for me. The children loved dinner. I was rushing to cook our dinner and was going to have to feed my two oldest something quick before swim team but when dinner arrived prepared the children enjoyed a great meal before heading out. When they got back they enjoyed their after swim team meal which was the Garlic Beef Stew and Acorn Squash I had prepared. It was perfect. We had more food than we could eat! The rest of the evening was good. I am not packed and ready to go but I have time in the morning. In the morning the technician is coming to fix the washer! Yay :) When we come home from our adventures I will be able to wash our clothes at home!

I had a rough time today. It is hard when I have issues throughout the day and can't pick up the phone and call Michael. It is hard to wait for him to contact me. But that is the nature of a deployment. You wait on Facebook hoping he logs in, you keep Skype open just in case he calls, and your heart jumps every time the phone rings hoping it might be him. When challenges arise you start to make a phone call and realize you can't. Today I could not call Michael but God sent me a woman with a meal and a drum teacher who held my hands and prayed for me in the middle of my kitchen. So thankful for how He makes His presence known and for the people who are obedient to the Lord and allow God to move them.

~ Angela




2 comments:

Lana Vaughan said...

It's days like this I am so inspired by your gracious spirit and your flexibility.

Tara said...

I too am inspired, and you still had time for me during your busy day. Your the best sis!