Monday, July 23, 2012

Deployment Day 108: Adventures in Gardening

My youngest son came running inside today around 1400 saying he can't play outside anymore because there is a skunk in our neighbors yard. I was glad to hear he made a very wise decision to come inside and get away from the skunk. I went outside to see this skunk that was laying right by the basement door in my neighbor's yard. The skunk looked sick or just really hot. The skunk had found a place to get out of the sun.

 My neighbor called animal control. They came out and hosed down the skunk and the skunk instantly got back his or her pep. The skunk ran off. The animal control identified under my garden planter a nest. The skunk has been living underneath the raised bed. The put something in the nest that would deter the skunk from returning and encourage the skunk to find a new home.

It was crazy to imagine this skunk underneath this raised bed. I could have been met by a skunk one morning or evening while watering my garden. So glad I avoided that. I am really questioning taking care of a garden when Michael is deployed. The challenges and complications continue to suggest that I need Michael here to manage it all.

Here is the skunk....






~ Angela 



2 comments:

Lana Vaughan said...

Sounds like Aiden is a good helper. Very vigilant and wise.

The Kay Family said...

Aidan is a very good helper. He has always been thoughtful and careful. Very thankful for my little guy!