Thursday, July 12, 2012

Deployment Day 97: I have a babysitter!

My daughter earned a certificate of completion from the 4-H/Army babysitting training program tonight. I am so proud of her. I am also reminded that my baby is not much of a baby anymore but she will always be my baby! She is so responsible. I have let her watch her siblings when I run to the commissary. Now that she is official and knows CPR/First Aid I intend to use her services more often. She is also on the babysitter registry for post so she can earn some money.

With Michael being gone it is nice to know that I have someone who can keep in an eye on the children if I have to run an errand on post or attend a meeting. They all work together as a team and they respect Alexis when she says something. There was a time that I thought I would not be able to leave Alexis with all the children but they all have matured and she has the confidence to take on the role. In fact she loves it. I change it up sometimes by taking the youngest children with me and letting the older children stay home. It is amazing to see my children growing, maturing, and doing things that have value and purpose.

Here is a shot of my girl!


3 comments:

Tara said...

So proud of you Alexis! You are an amazing Young Lady. Brianna loves you so much, and is so happy you are her BEST FRIEND!

Big Hugs! Love you all!

Lana Vaughan said...

Congratulations, Alexis! I bet the children you babysit will love you as much as we do!

The Kay Family said...

Thank you both! I am very excited to embark on this new adventure in babysitting :) Love Alexis