Saturday, June 2, 2012

Deployment Day 57: Staying busy and missing YOU!

We went to the pool today for a birthday party. The party attendees had the pool all to themselves. After two days of temperatures in the 60's the pool was cold but the children did not let that stop them. I chose not to swim. I enjoyed the sun and 75 degrees! It really helps to have something to look forward to each day because it is a nice distraction and helps the day go by faster.  Even today while the children had so much fun they asked questions like...

What do you think Dad would say about my dead man's float?
  And look at me mommy...daddy would love this!
  I am practicing so when daddy comes home he can see how much my form has improved!
  I will pass the swim test by the end of the summer and daddy will be so proud!
 We all continue to miss your presence! We all know how much you love us and would celebrate with each improvement and milestone. We tell ourselves what we know you would say if you were here.

Alexis and Nathan are good friends. I love seeing them together having fun and not just annoying each other all the time!
 Noelle and Aidan are often together. It is sweet to see them play together and look out for each other. All of them are the best of friends! So thankful for their relationship. I know this is a product of living, working, playing, and learning together all day every day. So thankful for the freedom to choose this lifestyle for my children. I pray this freedom will remain. At times it seems uncertain.
I know this post has been all over the place but that is what it is all about...staying busy and missing our freedom preserver aka Our Hero!

~Angela

2 Corinthians 3:4-5, "Such confidence we have through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God." (NIV)

2 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

Dear Kay Family,

We are thankful to have met you and look forward to getting to know you more over the coming months. God bless you each!

Sarah for the Bryant Bees
Ex. 33:14

The Kay Family said...

Hi Sarah and the rest of the Bryant family! My family is so thankful for each of you. We are so glad to call you friends. We are thankful that God has allowed our lives to intersect for a time!

Look forward to seeing you soon!
The Kay Clan