I don't always find Joy in trials. I don't always look to the benefit of the trial. I often turn to God in the trial seeking rescue instead of asking for perseverance and wisdom. Trials position us in a way that requires a greater reliance and surrender to God. (2 Corinthians 2:10) "When I am weak I am strong" The cultivation of Joy comes from focusing on the purpose, the value, and the ultimate reward.
A goldsmith would melt the metal down until it became a liquid. All the
impurities would come to the surface and the goldsmith would scrape them
off and allow the metal to cool. He would then come back and repeat the
process over and over. His goal was pure gold. He knew it was pure when he could
see his reflection in the melted gold. I love this picture...I want to see More of You in Me!
I Peter 1:6-7 When our faith is tested it is proved genuine
During this deployment I want so much to be rescued. I want so much to have my pity party! Instead, I am choosing to....
Rejoice
Persevere
Believe
Seek Wisdom
Have Faith
~Angela
No comments:
Post a Comment