I had to bring my children to a rehearsal with me today that was supposed to only last about an hour, but turned into two. They helped set up, played hide and seek, and got lost...well Aidan and Noelle got lost together. This was scary. They had my purse, my bag, and the bags of my friend. They were supposed to be following me into the fellowship hall. All of sudden they were gone. They kept going all the way to the other chapel :( I looked every where at the main chapel and could not find them. Finally, I told Alexis and Nathan to go check the old chapel. They found them scared and sad. My heart was broken. I wrestled with the cost of the extra. I struggled throughout the entire rehearsal because my heart and mind was all over the place.
After we finished up the rehearsal we left and I bought the kiddos some lunch. We came home and I just let it all out. I cried. I hurt so much. I was sick to my stomach. I prayed, I asked for others to pray for me, and I went to His word for reassurance that the cost of this extra was not too much. The prayers and His word took out the enemy who was seeking to devour me. Praise God. The evening went well. We took on the role of teacher and encourager. We had a wonderful time of prayer together prior to the session that just focused our hearts and removed anything that was in the way. We gathered in His name to worship Him. I left with such a high. I am crashing hard now and must prepare for an early morning session and one more evening session. Praise Him Praise Him!
| Ready to go |
3 comments:
I am so very proud of you I cry...
You teach so much just by being who God created you to be. Showing your children the way to use the gifts God entrusts to them may be a greater example than anything in the workshop. You truly lead by example.
Thank you Lana for your encouragement! Each word is like a big hug from you!
Post a Comment