Thursday, June 14, 2012

Deployment Day 69: Leading

A leader....Provides direction and guidance.
A leader..."Knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way" (John C. Maxwell).

Leading is hard for me but it something God continues to call me to do. I never ever feel qualified to lead when He calls me. I am humbled and I question His plan. Are you sure God? Could there be someone who is better equipped? Fear, doubt, and anxiety fill my mind. Yet my heart is already surrendered. My heart is for the people God has called me to serve. I will be obedient and follow Him wherever He leads me...even if He calls me to lead. I am so thankful that I do not lead alone. I have the Lord to give me wisdom, strength, guidance, and discernment. I am trying hard to rest in Him tonight. I wanted to walk away and say no thank you. I wanted to say that I can't lead right now because my husband is deployed, I have four children, and I have no formal training. But I didn't! By the grace of God.


This is picture from the past and a precious friend and battle buddy. I am thankful for the ones that God provides to share the journey with!

~Angela

2 comments:

Tara said...

I can remember when you lead the praise band at Cowee. You were so amazing, and I loved you were leading us. I will always remember those days.

I am so glad God continues to use you in wonderful ways. You have an amazing gift, and I know you enjoy sharing it.

Love you!!

The Kay Family said...

Thank sis for your encouragement! I am so thankful that you are always there to encourage me and love me just as I am!!!