Sunday, June 24, 2012

Deployment Day 79: An Ordinary Woman

My husband is always encouraging me to be confident. Not so much in who I am but WHO's I am. Today I found a bit more confidence. I am an ordinary woman but with God in my life I become extraordinary. There are a few things that I do that usually invite a comment from others that they could never do that. Homeschooling is one of them. Whenever people hear that I am homeschooling four children it is usually followed with shock and praise. I am always reminded that it is not because of anything Great about me but has everything to do with the one who is GREAT that lives in me. This deployment is just another example of how God can take this ordinary woman and do extraordinary things. I want to make known that everything I do is by the grace of God. It is because of His presence in my life that I am able to do the things I do. My part involves obedience. Walking out this deployment is hard when I try to do it on my own. But when I allow God to walk with me I find joy, strength, and peace.  

~ Angela

2 comments:

Tara said...

Amen...thanks for the reminder. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

The Kay Family said...

You can do all things, extraordinary things, and supernatural things beyond your ability because of the presence of God in your life.