Our children are very proud of their daddy. Today they participated in an event that gave them the opportunity to be like their daddy. They put on an army uniform and endured the physical challenges of an obstacle course. Alexis helped run one of the obstacle courses but was able to participate at the end. All of the kids had a blast and did awesome. I loved seeing each of them go through the course with such determination. One moment that really stood out was when Aidan and Noelle went through the course together. One of the courses was designed to be done with your battle buddy. I loved seeing them work together and finish well! I was working one of the courses as well. I had the opportunity to cheer children as they lined up to go through the course. I got excited. I cheered, encouraged, and gave high fives. The more I thought about this course the more I connected it to the marathon I am running during this deployment. There are times that the challenges seem to hard and the task seems daunting. At the same time I hear God cheering me on, offering encouragement and comfort from His word, and the high fives often come from those who are praying for me. I just want to say thank you to all my battle buddies!
~ Angela
Below you will find 30 pictures from today! Enjoy : )


No comments:
Post a Comment