Thursday, May 31, 2012

Deployment Day 55: When the kids go to sleep...

It is my opportunity to just focus on me. I need this time after a long day of caring for four children. Unfortunately, the time is often focused on picking up, school work, and preparing for the next day. If I am able to simply veg out all I think about is sitting next to my Michael and simply enjoying his company. Normally when the kids go to bed it is a time for Michael and I to enjoy some time together. I miss him most at night and in the mornings. In the morning he never leaves me without kissing me and saying he loves me. I am often still asleep but I wake up to his lips on my forehead and him whispering the words I love you in my ear. I miss him so much.

Every time I think of him (which is often) I thank God. I thank God that I have someone to love and someone who loves me. This is our favorite chair. Sometimes we share it, sometimes he says it is his chair, and sometimes I claim it is mine. I can't wait to sit with him again. So glad that even though the chair is empty tonight that my heart is full of love for my husband and friend!

~Angela


2 comments:

michael said...

I need a smiley, teary face...

The Kay Family said...

Yes we do!