I grew up singing. My mom sang all the time, my babysitter Janette sang with me all the time, and my older sisters loved to sing. I remember driving down the rode in our station wagon and just singing. We did not need the radio, a CD player, or the DVD player. All we needed was each other. My mom and older sister Rosalie would sing harmonies and the blend of all of our voices was unreal. My mom is here visiting and tonight I picked up my guitar and we sang together. Singing together tonight brought back so many memories. I love sharing this gift with my mom. I love how it connects us. I love how we giggle and act silly. Music is something I thank God for. When I am sad I love to play my guitar and sing because it is comforting. I love to crank up the music real LOUD while I clean the house. I love to dance and sing with my children. I LOVE to Worship the Lord in song. I love how music can shift my focus and take me back to different places I have been on my journey.
Here is where I make music! Many songs my mom and I sang tonight made me think of my Michael. I was able to ask him tonight what his favorite song is and he said the one I sing. He is my biggest fan! I just love him. I was thinking about posting a video song message for him of my mom and I singing together but we couldn't decide on one and then she realized the whole world could potentially see her on the web so she backed out. If you are interested you can check out some of the songs we sang tonight.
We sang this one tonight...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwQ9Nsq_iR8...
and this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9prNixjbg
and this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs8xCTMnagU
It was a good night! I sure am missing my Michael but I love that I can share these times with my mom.
Angela

No comments:
Post a Comment