I had no idea an entire day of fishing with our children would cause me to miss my husband, thank my husband, and require me to comfort our children. Our children are still learning the art of fishing. Nathan is the most self sufficient. He can bait a hook, cast, and take the fish off the line. Alexis, Aidan, and Noelle can only cast on their own. Well, Aidan can bait the hook now. Alexis does not want to touch a worm or a fish but loves to eat and catch fish! Noelle loves touching the worms and the fish but can't put the worm on the hook and can't take the fish off the hook. All that to say that today was fun and challenging. I enjoyed teaching my children to fish, setting up rods, catching fish, and eating fish. However, running three rods all day was hard by myself. My mom and bear helped very little. I missed Michael but I was so thankful for how well he has taught me that I was able to confidently prepare the rod, fix the rod, fix it again, and again, and take fish off the line even when they swallow a hook because I had all the tools in my tackle box. Thank you honey for always looking out. In fact this weekend I discovered all the elements of my survival bag that my honey prepared for me for my vehicle. Thank you honey! I started two fires on my own that we cooked two meals on and made S'mores! I just knew my Michael would be so proud of me and it was nice to be known as Survivor Mama and Pioneer Woman! LOL However, tonight broke my heart. Our son Nathan was acting out mildly today while he was fishing. He just wasn't himself. Kind of distant and emotional. He broke down tonight after his rod got twisted for the sixth time! I asked him to work on it and he just broke down crying...I wish my daddy was here. I need my daddy. Daddy...Daddy...I want my Daddy. *tears* I held him, we cried, and then we fixed his rod together. I taught him how to put on a bobber, a weight, and a hook. He went right back to fishing. I know our babies are hurting in ways they can't always express. Praying for our babies now as they sleep. Wish I could give them what they want....their Daddy!
Love,
Angela
 |
| Not a great picture but this was the right before daddy left! All the kids fishing with daddy. |
1 comment:
I am oh so proud, of each of you!
Post a Comment