The day began slow. I stayed up late the night before writing a paper and did not want to wake up this morning. The doorbell rang at 0800. I forgot the maintenance man was coming today to fix the seal on my refrigerator. I was still in bed when Nathan came to get me to tell me that a man was at the door. I welcomed him with bedhead and pajamas! Although the day started with a bang it was such a pleasant day. We went out to lunch with my mom and then went to Joann's fabric. Alexis is learning how to sew. She picked out a pattern today, material, and all the notions needed to complete the project. My mom is teaching her. I love watching their relationship develop. Alexis had softball practice tonight. After practice we cooked chicken for dinner with some leftover side dishes. After dinner the light called me outside with my camera. I got a few shots on a walk with my mom and Nathan but the beautiful night brought out many of my neighbors, which meant I did more talking than photo taking. The evening stroll and visit with neighbors was a pleasant way to end an uneventful day. I had planned to get to bed early tonight but here it is 2330 and I am still awake! I am off to bed now. I am thankful for the simplicity of the day.
Good night you faithful friends and family!
Angela


No comments:
Post a Comment