Friday, May 4, 2012

Deployment Day 28: Living Intentionally

For quite some time I have been focused on living intentionally. One of the ways that I have chosen to live intentionally is to experience each moment the day brings. Celebrating the blessings and the challenges. I love to celebrate the people in my life. I am thankful for the people that God has placed in my life. Today a wonderful friend texted me and I felt embraced by her words of encouragement. A precious friend mailed my kiddos some fun things! My mom encouraged me. And my daughter made me so proud.

I mentioned on day one of this blog that the whole point of documenting each day that my Michael is deployed is to be intentional. I wake up every morning knowing that the new day brings new opportunities and decisions. The opportunities and challenges help me discover a little bit more about who I am and allows me to examine myself. I am learning to be me.

When I am intentional each day I recognize the gifts that each day brings. Often the gifts come from others who are on this journey with me. Today some of the gifts were very tangible. My friend sent the kids some things that made them happy! Just getting mail made them squeal with delight. Also, my Alexis was in a musical today that talked about the Power of God in our lives. The play talked about how to wield the Power in our own lives. Her desire to Give God all the Glory tonight just made me so proud. Her daddy would have been so proud of her. I know her heavenly father is! And her momma sure is too. I want to be intentional about how I love the people that God has put in my life. Here's to all of you who pray for me, listen to me, walk with me, cry with me, laugh with me or at me, teach me, and do all that because you love me. I am honored to have so many amazing people to share the journey with!

Love,
  Angela






2 comments:

Around here they call me mommy. said...

Keep it coming, the boys and I are reading. You may even inspire me to start sharing what God is doing in this heart. Love you.

Around here they call me mommy. said...

Keep it coming the boys and I are reading and enjoying. Love you all.