Kids will be kids and they will get hurt. This is something I don't allow myself to fear but pray we can prevent anything major from happening to the kiddos, especially when daddy is gone. I am usually pretty calm when my children get hurt even when the blood is pouring out of their mouths. I pick them up, hold them, and begin examining the damage all the while feeling a bit frightened on the inside but looking and sounding very calm on the outside. I am accustomed to my survival man aka my husband to come alongside and help me doctor the patient and determine if he or she is in need of more extensive medical care. Today when Noelle fell off the trampoline (that has a net but the wind had pulled a couple of the ties out making the net ineffective) and almost bit through her lip I had to handle the situation without my partner. I was calm. I was able to stop the bleeding and reduce the swelling but the deep hole in the lip made me nervous so I took her over to my wonderful neighbors for a second opinion. I am not usually quick to run to the ER but I needed to be sure of my decision. My neighbors had some great insight since their son had an injury in the mouth recently. I was encouraged and comforted. The mouth tends to heal quickly. Only two hours after the incident and she is looking good. No swelling, and the hole is already smaller.
 |
| Snuggled up in bed...healing nicely! |
Earlier today Noelle was singing a very appropriate song...so glad she put on the armor today.
Daddy, this one is for you. Noelle told me that we could make a video to send this song to you. She sings this around the house all the time. Your little ones speak of you often. You are so loved.
Love,
Angela
1 comment:
Such a precious video. I hope she is feeling much better today.
I just want to squeeze that little girl. Hugs to each of you!!
Post a Comment