Saturday, May 12, 2012

Deployment Day 36: Project Complete

Joy comes from taking a piece of fabric and creating something with it! Finishing a project is so gratifying too ! On the eve of Mother's day I had the blessing of spending the day with my mom and completing a project for my daughter with her guidance. I made Noelle a skirt. I am going to make one for Alexis too and a white peasant shirt to go with it. This little skirt was fun to make. I learned some of my mom's sewing tricks during this project! She has discovered some methods and techniques that make it easier to work with the fabric and some finishing techniques. I am glad to have such a talented mom who I can learn from.


Tomorrow my mom, her husband, me, and the kiddos are heading to a cabin for a few days. There is a resort about 30 minutes away that has nice cabins, a stocked pond, beautiful property, a super playground, and pool. This is mine and my mom's mother's day gift! I am looking forward to getting away from this house and all the distractions and just relaxing!

Although I am tempted to bring my sewing machine! I would sew a lot more if I had the time :)

Angela

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! I love how your mom helped you make a skirt for your daughter. What a lovely example of how each generation of woman can do for the next!