My mom left when I was a young girl. I was raised by my father. My relationship with my mother was not what I wanted it to be but as an adult I now understand more than I did as a young girl. I am thankful for the relationship we have now. I once held some resentment and pain but have felt freedom from those feelings for many years now. I feel like God continues to write a beautiful story of redemption between my mother and I. My mom has come to visit me almost every year for the last three or four years for an extended period of time. Each time she comes we do things together that I wanted so much to do with her as a young girl. Of course we now share this time with my children so it is doubly special! If Michael was not deployed my mom probably would not have come here for an extended time to visit and help distract the kids and I. She probably would have come for a visit but probably not for three weeks. I have enjoyed working in the garden with my mom, watching her sew with my Alexis, cooking a meal with her, cleaning the house with her, sitting at my kiddos ball game with her, and tonight after I read one chapter from The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and the kids wanted one more chapter my mom volunteered to read it. I can't remember my mom reading to me as a little girl. I am not saying she didn't but I can't remember. I will always remember hearing her read tonight. Most of the time while she read I just closed my eyes and thought about how precious this moment is! I believe that God is writing a beautiful story. I cling to His promises for my life. My heart breaks when I hear my friend Bear (Michael) say that he has not value or purpose! WE are all His created! He did not create us without purpose or value. Your life has meaning! To God be the Glory! He has a plan for YOU! To God be the Glory! He Loves YOU!
Love,
Angela

2 comments:
I am so glad to hear you and Mom are enjoying each other, and continue to rebuild your relationship.
I love to see the pictures of you all.
Love you so much!
Beautiful...just beautiful. I am so proud of you!
I miss yall terribly! I am so glad to see how your spirit is soaring!
BTW, looks like you better stake those tomatoes soon!
Post a Comment