Thursday, May 3, 2012

Deployment Day 27: Ouch...

I am a girl that does not like to not be liked. I am not afraid to be honest and be who I am but I don't always like what that costs. It is really hard for me to not be me. I have fought so hard to be who I am...I just can't go back! All that to say that when people say things about who I am it hurts. I mean ouch! I had one of those moments today. I love that when I have one of those moments I can come home to my best friend and my biggest fan and he just speaks directly to my heart! He knows me so well that he knows just what to say to make it all go away! I am speaking of my husband Michael and he was not home tonight. However, when I read all that I am saying about who Michael is and how he knows my heart and how he comes for me I think about My Heavenly Father, the Lord God Almighty, and my friend who is with me, is coming for me, and knows me better than I know myself. I am glad that I came to Him tonight first and I am thankful that right after I went to Him he gave me My Michael. I was meditating on this scripture tonight.

Phillipians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

My ouchy tonight came from jealousy and from the joy stealer. I was reminded to listen only to the Lord to speak into my life and not allow others to define me. I am HIS. So after coming to Him...I believe He gave me Michael. Michael came online and we got to Skype for 5 minutes. Just enough time for him to hear my heart and affirm what the Lord already told me. I felt so loved. I know that God loves me.

On the other hand I am also thankful for the pain because it keeps me humble and supports growth in my life. I want so much to place all my dependence on God and no one or nothing else. I mentioned yesterday that God is teaching me so much and I mean that! I am learning to follow His lead more and more each day. I will continue to fight here at home while my husband fights for our country!

Unashamed,
  Angela










1 comment:

Tara said...

Praise God for what he is teaching you. I was listening this morning to the radio, and they were talking about how God gives us people in skin to show his love. I am so glad you have a wonderful husband who shows HIS amazing love to you. You deserve the best! I love you sister!