Sunday, May 13, 2012

Deployment Day 37: Mother's Day Getaway

I love the outdoors. It is hard to be in a cozy cabin with a lake view without my husband. His love for the outdoors exceeds mine. I have always said I love doing anything with my family especially if it is outside! We love exploring the beautiful outdoors together. Today was hard not having my Michael here. He surprised me with a early wake up call on the house phone but I did not answer it because it was a suspicious number. Then the suspicious number called my cell phone and I still did not answer. I know crazy me but we get private numbers all the time that amount to a debate with a telemarketing who will not take no I am not interested for an answer. So silly me did not answer but felt like I should check online and as soon as I did I got a skype message from Michael saying he had called only moments ago. Oh, how I love him. He wanted to catch me off guard and that he did so he could surprise me on Mother's day. He is such a gem. Today my mom, bear, myself, and the kids loaded up the vehicles and headed to a nearby resort to enjoy a couple of nights away from it all. The resort is very nice. Very quiet too. Well, except for one little boy who lives here and is desperately seeking attention. He has played with my boys and driven me only a little bit crazy.  Every thing about this place has me thinking about my Michael. I know Michael would not want me to sit at home and do nothing while he is deployed but sometimes taking a vacation like this just makes me feel so sad that I can't share this time with him. I want him here with us. I feel like he should be here. My heart hurts seeing a bench by the water as my mind drifts and imagines the two of us sitting there together. He steals a kiss (of course he didn't really steal it because I offered it freely) and Aidan says they are kissing again! Right now I am thinking about the crisp air outside and how he would have enjoyed sitting outside talking with me around the fire. He would be holding me and watching the glow of the fire and thinking all is well in this perfect moment together. I miss you so much!

I am looking forward to tomorrow. A full day of enjoying the beautiful resort fishing, swimming, playgrounds, hiking, and cooking around the campfire. I have no doubt that each moment will be filled with longing...a longing for his presence.

I am unable to post pictures tonight because the internet speed is too slow.

Angela



No comments: