Friday, May 18, 2012

Deployment Day 42: Celebrations



The local homeschooling group that my family is involved with took the time today to celebrate with an end of the year picnic. I was the organizer for this event and although I am very tired after a fun day I am extremely thankful for the time we had together. The relationships I have with these women offer encouragement that only a fellow homeschooler can understand. My children also form relationships with peers in this group. It was a wonderful day of celebrating the beauty and challenges over the last year! God is good.

Today I officially registered our non accredited private school. The name of our school is Centurions Academy. A homeschooling family living in the state of Kansas is required to register their school. It is purely administrative. I love the name we have chosen for our school. The faith of the Centurion is found in Matthew 8. The Centurion had complete faith in the dependability of the word of God. Our school recognizes the authority of God's word. Today I am celebrating another year of teaching my children. I am celebrating our new name and I am celebrating a wonderful night of Skype with my family. We all gathered around the computer tonight laughing and being silly just like we were all together in the same room. It was so precious. God is good!

Today at the picnic a local elementary school was at the park too. A LTC was out there running the tug of war and invited our group to participate. Homeschoolers against a local elementary school. Our children won all but 2 times out of 10 times. It was exciting all around!

Love,
 Angela

No comments: