Sunday, May 6, 2012

Deployment Day 30: One month down...Let's Celebrate!

Today was an amazing day. Today is DAY 30! Now I can start saying we have only 11 months left! Sigh...we will make it. So today in honor of the 30th day since we said see you later to the best husband and father in the whole wide world we went to the Royals baseball game. Ok, well I did not actually plan it that way, nor did I realize we would be blessed this way on day 30, but I know that God did!

Our current Army hometown is Fort Leavenworth. Fort Leavenworth claims to be the best hometown in the Army. This post demonstrates a commitment to the servicemen, women, and families like no other post I have ever lived on. I am extremely thankful for that as a deployed spouse. Going to the game today was an opportunity provided by the Royals baseball team, John Deere, and our post for connecting the resources. My children were invited to attend this game because their daddy is deployed. How cool is that! My two oldest children were old enough to help get the field ready for the game. How cool is that! They got a behind the scenes tour, a t-shirt, helped put the bases in, and they would have sprayed the field but God took care of that today, and they were on T.V. Also, each of the children were mentioned by name at the stadium. I am thankful for this opportunity for my children. They loved every minute of today.  I know they would rather have daddy here, but for one day they were distracted for a little while...well until they saw the kiss cam and thought about how much I would love to kiss their daddy :) ...they know me so well! But really...what a way to celebrate one month down! I am not sure if I will be able to top this on day 60!

We are one month closer to seeing our Michael!
Angela


Alexis and Mommy at the game!

Aidan and Noelle eating pretzels while waiting on Lexi and Nathan.

The Royal Troopers!!!

Down by the field watching Lexi and Nate on the field! You can see them in the top right corner :)

On the field with their guide!

Getting read to put in first base

Alexis digging out the hole for the base

placing first base

Finished putting in first base

On the Jumbo Tron!

The Jumbo Tron

The game is about to start!

The game has begun!

Noelle and Aidan being sweet during the game!

No comments: