Saturday, April 7, 2012

Another deployment has begun...

The last three hours are a blur. Tears continue to run down my cheek each time I think about Michael or turn a corner in my house and see something that belongs to him. His presence in our home is so important and felt by his movement and passion to serve His family. He loves well! I keep telling myself that this pain I feel is because I experience a depth of love with Michael that is so pure and holy that his absence literally hurts. For that I am thankful. I am thankful to know this kind of love, to have someone to offer my love to, and to be loved so well.  There is such comfort in the beauty of this reality. God is so good. He has blessed our love with four children and friends who we cherish so deeply. For that I am thankful. 

I seek comfort now for the ache I am experiencing and I look to my Savior to provide it or to walk with me in the pain. I am not alone. In fact I am surrounded with His (My God) presence, and his (Michael's presence). I experience His (My God's) presence through my faith, His word, others, and within from the Holy Spirit. I experience his (Michael's) presence through our children. I look at those precious faces and see him. I enjoy their mannerisms and I see him. I hear their laugh and I hear him. I experience his presence when I finally locate the item in the kitchen I have been searching for that he put in (not necessarily) the wrong place but not in its usual place. And of course I experience his love within me. We are one.

I am going to shift gears a bit and share with you how this timing for his departure is fitting. Tomorrow is Easter or as I like to call it Resurrection Sunday.  For me this time of the year brings such comfort as I meditate on the hope of the Risen Savior. And I am moved by His love. In fact, 1 John 4:8 tells us that God is Love! His love is like no other. His love is unconditional and sacrificial.  Because of His love I can offer love to Michael, my children, and others. My ability to love is a direct result of an outpouring of His love for me. For that I am thankful!


Some of the pictures are blurry...just like my experience! 









2 comments:

Stargazer said...

These words are so beautiful, and your courageous tender heart inspires and uplifts me. You are amazing, Angela, and I love you SO much.

Praying for you, Michael and each of the kids all through this deployment.

TBug said...

My heart, my love and my prayers are with you each! <3