Monday, April 16, 2012

Deployment Day Ten: Single Parenting

One of the greatest challenges during a deployment is single parenting. Today there were several moments that I wished I had Michael here for backup and support. Michael is such an actively engaged father that his absence is obvious. I am thankful that my heavenly daddy has been there for backup and support. I rely on His backup!

Today Nathan got a new robe that looks a lot like his daddy's robe. He put it on and said, Does this suit me? I replied with, Absolutely, you look very handsome and sharp. You look like the man of the house now. He said, It is just like daddy's robe. He then said, The only thing about being the man of the house now is that I can't tell anyone what to do! I agreed, that is unfortunate.

Proud Mama moment today was seeing my Alexis on the softball field. She pitched the entire practice and will be playing her first game Wednesday. After practice she could not contain the excitement. She kept saying I love pitching. I feel so good when I am pitching. I could see it on her face how alive she felt even though she could not put words to the way she was feeling other than how good it felt. I love seeing my children find that place that makes them come alive.

All of this is just so bittersweet. I want so much for Michael to be here to see his children grow and mature. I want him to see Alexis pitch her first game! I feel a bit messy right now and don't really feel like talking to people. I have a hard time just shooting the breeze about the weather and what is for dinner. I don't mean to be such a drag I am just a bit of a mess. One of my favorite blogs to read is Ann Voskamp's blog. Today she reminded me on her blog that 

 "Regardless of the mess of your life, if Christ is Lord of your life — then you are the celebrant out dancing in a pouring rain of grace!"
Noelle's first fish!





 I am so thankful for His grace today!
  Angela



1 comment:

Tara said...

I am so proud of Alexis, she is a pitcher just like you. Man I wish I could see her. I know she is amazing.

Nathan is funny, both of your boys always make me feel so loved. I pray my little man is just like them.

Noelle...she looks so happy. I have to admit, I never caught a fish before. maybe one day!

Lots of Love to each of you!

Thank you for sharing.