Thursday, April 19, 2012

Deployment Day 13: Joy and Sadness

We got to Skype with Michael this morning! Seeing his face is always a great way to start the day. He looked so good! I miss that face so much! The kiddos love Skype, especially Skype with Daddy :) Michael updated his blog today and he shares some information about his new temporary home. You can check it out here:  http://cptcaveman.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/my-new-temp-home/

Today both of my boys played their first game of the season and did Awesome! Nathan pitched two innings and struck out 5 players. I was amazed at how fast he threw the ball. All the Dad's were talking about how he is going to make me and his daddy rich. They were all impressed with his talent. I reminded him tonight remain humble and to praise God for the talent and ability He has given him. He agreed and thanked God for helping him pitch. He then yelled real loud, "I love pitching! Thank you Lord!" Michael, I know you can hear him saying this and the expression on his face! Here is a video of Nathan striking out a player!

Nathan and Aidan's game overlapped so I had to leave Nathan's game and take Aidan to his game. I missed the first half of Aidan's game but I got a few pictures. He did so well and had such a positive attitude! He was such a leader.



I hate that Michael has to miss days like today! He would have been so proud! I felt such joy and sadness at the same time today.

Angela

No comments: