Saturday, April 28, 2012

Deployment 22: A Very Dear Friend is Here!

During our last deployment I met a wonderful woman named Angela! We lived in Germany together and she was my battle buddy. She watched my children, she prayed with me, cried with me, and laughed me. I can honestly say that her presence made it easier. She loved my kiddos like her own and journeyed with me through some challenging waters! It is such a wonderful gift to have her in my presence now as my journey has just begun. Only 22 days into another deployment for me and she is in her final month. She is a sister in so many ways! A military sister, a sister in Christ, and a sister friend! Our children are close and have loved being together again! Today has been such a gift!


Outside the T-Rex waiting on our friends

At the T-Rex Cafe

Little Micah

I am so thankful for this time with my friend!
 Angela

As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. 
 Proverbs 27: 17(NKJV)

2 comments:

Erin said...

so awesome that y'all are together again! I wish we could get together again, yet I'd be minus one kid now, and I hate that :( Amazing to watch how yours have both grown!

The Kay Family said...

I want so much to see you again! I hate the thought of seeing you and not seeing Ayden too. I am so sorry that you are not seeing Ayden grow up. I am thankful that this time on Earth is not all we have to hope for. ((((HUGS)))