For the last two days I had the privilege of sharing my home with a dear friend and her children. Our relationship is mutually life giving. There was a time in my life when I felt alone. I did not fully understand the importance of these relationships and I thought I was not good enough to have relationships like this. The first life giving relationship God blessed me with was with my Michael. Even after being blessed with a life-giving husband and friend I thought I would never have women in my life who I could fully trust. I struggled all through my childhood with relationships with girls and it did not get easier when I grew up. At some points in my life I questioned whether God was holding out on me. I knew it was a lie but at times I believed it. I have four sisters who I am close to. I thought that since I had sisters I did not need other women to be my friends because I had four friends who would always be there. However, I wanted to experience life giving relationships with other women. I wanted to live in community with other women.
I began to think I was being selfish for wanting more. One day I woke up and began asking God to bring women into my life. And He did!!! I am so thankful for the women of faith who have come alongside me and have encouraged me, strengthened me, and directed my attention to the Father's promises. I am so thankful for all the women that I could name here. The list is long! Eucharisteo...thanksgiving fills my heart! I give thanks...I am so grateful.
Today I dropped off my friend at the same airport where only 24 days ago I dropped my Michael off. I was reminded of how blessed I am to have these life-giving relationships. I know that when I must say see you later my heart aches because I will no longer experience their life-giving presence. Eucharisteo...I give thanks for every moment I have shared with my Michael, my children, my family, and my friends. Every moment has been a gift!
With a grateful heart,
Angela
| My love! |
| Friends who are family |
| Saying See You Later |
2 comments:
I miss you, and your sweet presence in my daily life.
Just so blessed to know you! And honored to be your friend :)
Post a Comment