Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Deployment Day Five: I Miss Daddy!




If I told you the actual number of times I hear the words I miss daddy you would be probably be surprised. Or maybe you wouldn't be. Since he left those three words have been spoken 60 times. That is an average of three times a day per child. However, even when the words are not spoken the feelings are expressed throughout the day in other ways. My boys ask me to wrestle like daddy does, my daughter asks questions about books that daddy and her both enjoy, all the children ask me to tuck them in like daddy does, my two oldest praise the meal and remind me how much daddy would love this meal if he were here, and I could go on and on. They miss daddy! Can you blame them? He is a wonderful father. He does all those things and more! I love seeing the big smiles on their faces as they remember the wonderful things the love to do with daddy. So, I will wrestle with my boys, I will read books that interest my daughter so I can answer questions, I will learn how to tuck them in like daddy does, I will get them all wound up right before bedtime, and I will cook meals that daddy loves!

Angela

4 comments:

Lana Vaughan said...

You are such a good mommy.

Jean Richards said...

I am so glad you two are so in love. Today my honey brought me breakfast in bed. 39 years has been a great journey. Love to you and your family.

Tara said...

I agree, you are such a good Mommy.

The Kay Family said...

Thanks Lana and Tara!
Jean, You and Dennis have always been an inspiration to me. Your love is so beautiful. I am so glad God gave me Michael. Love to you and yours!