Today we celebrated a first. A first that Michael had to miss. This is not unusual. The life of a soldier includes a lot of missed firsts. Alexis had her first Softball practice. She did great and demonstrated the same passion and drive I remember having at my first Softball practice. She gave it her all. I was so proud.
Sleeplessness or Insomnia is something I struggle with the first month during a deployment. The king size bed seems even bigger without him to share it with. Strange noises that I once overlooked cause fear within. The ritual of checking every door in the house is locked multiple times and keeping a light on just in case. Eventually I find rest with all these things and fall asleep. Last night was more difficult then I remember. I prayed myself to sleep. I am asking God to help me rest. I have decided that I need to practice praying scripture about sleep and rest to help me sleep. Today I did some searching of verses in scripture that address sleep and rest. Here are a few that stood out to me!
Psalm 116:7 KJV
Return unto thy rest, O my soul;
for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
Psalm 116:7 The Message
I said to myself, "Relax and rest.
God has showered you with blessings.
God has showered you with blessings.
Such fitting words to remind myself the day after Resurrection Sunday! "The Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee."
Matthew 11: 28-30 KJV
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Proverbs 3:24 NKJV
When you lie down you will not be afraid. Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.
May you find comfort in these words like I have. As you will see in the pictures to follow that my children are fast asleep and are not struggling with insomnia. I went into each of their rooms tonight to see them sleeping. Oh how I wish you could have heard the prayers of these precious ones tonight before they fell asleep! Here are some quotes from tonight...
Alexis-"May the next year fly by so quickly...
Nathan-"Watch over my Daddy and keep him safe because I know you can...
Aidan-" Keep my Daddy and all the soldiers safe...
Noelle asked me to pray tonight but she agreed with all that I said and reminded me that she loves daddy to Jesus and back. She used to say I love you to the moon and back like the book "Guess how much I love you" but months ago she started saying, I love you to Jesus and back. That is how much she loves her daddy and I.
May your sleep be sweet!
Angela

3 comments:
For you, Angela, my favorite sleep verse and the one I've had at the head of my bed for years:
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8
Go Alexis!!
Sleep sweet children...so precious.
Hugs and Kisses!
Thank you! I am thinking about making a bedtime prayer book filled with scripture about sleep. That one will be included.
Hey Sis! XOXOXO
Post a Comment