Today was my first day singing with the worship team at our new church. It was wonderful to be in that place again. I am so thankful for the talent the Lord has given me and I just want to share it with others so they will draw unto Him and Give Him all the Glory. My cup was overflowing. After lunch the children played and then Alexis and I made a duck tape cuff bracelet. It is really cool :) Then I had to get back to reality and check in on my team assignment. I walked into a whole lot of drama when I tried to get our team back in focus on our team assignment that was quickly developing in the wrong direction. I offended the girl who was leading our team this week. I did not intentionally mean to do this but it spiraled down into some serious drama. I apologized but she was buying it. I could feel my joy being stolen away. I tried to listen to Abba, I knew what Michael would say, and I shared my heart with some ladies who get me. I finally found rest but I am exhausted now. I opened my email and found this...
What kind of week have you had?
Hard, great, somewhere in between?
Hard, great, somewhere in between?
I wish I could sit down with you today, lean
across the table and let you tell me about the moments that made you laugh or
the ones that brought tears, about the fears you faced and the joy you felt,
about the obstacles that seemed so big and the breakthroughs you never thought
could happen. All of it.
I'm glad that even though I can't be there,
Someone can. And He doesn't just have to hear about it second hand. He was
there. For every moment. Every smile,
every frown, every victory, every let-down.
And He's still here...inviting you to tell Him
all about all of it again. Until you know again that everything is going to be
okay. He'll comfort you, celebrate with you, whatever you need.
Because He
loves you.
And that's what love does.
And that's what love does.
--Holley Gerth
I am so thankful for these words tonight as I am reminded of His presence in my life. He knows the kind of day I had, He knows the ache and the longing. He loves Me!
Tonight the children said their prayers and then we tore off two chains tonight. We are two days closer!
Here are some precious symbols in my life these days.
I now have a service flag hanging in my window, wear a bracelet made by my friend Kim that says Michael on it and has red, white, and blue beads, and a necklace Michael gave me that on the back says "The Lord watch over me and thee while we are absent one from one another.
I know this post was all over the place today! Well, that is exactly where my heart and mind are today, all over the place and kind of a mess.
Angela

2 comments:
I'm so glad you are singing again! I miss singing with you so much. We really havent found a church yet we feel comfortable in yet..we are going to try one more next sunday.I miss having fellowship with Christian ladies. Praying you for!
Glad to see the clock has started ticking!
Post a Comment