Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Deployment Day Four: Saying No to Distractions!

I am so tired. The last four days have felt like weeks. Tuesdays are busy days for the Kay Clan. The day began as it always does with breakfast and then school time. We had a great day at school after enjoying spring break last week and spending the week with Daddy off work and friends visiting. It is often hard to break back into school the first day but today was different. Everyone was focused and excited. We did not do a full day of school Monday because we were all too exhausted and lacked focus. The children in the neighborhood had off school so I let the kids take the day.

However, Alexis had final prep to do for her Science presentation that took place today.  After school we ate lunch and then headed over to the center where the presentation would take place. Alexis received her grade for her presentation and was provided feedback. She got GREAT feedback! I was so proud :) After the presentation we came home and had some downtime. Right before dinner we talked on the webcam to Michael and then we went to baseball practice. Nathan and Aidan are both playing baseball this year. Tonight Nathan found out he is going to be one of the pitchers for the team. He trained hard today. He is really excited about pitching! During practice I dropped Alexis off at Youth group and finally we were all home for good at 8:15 PM.

While today provided many distractions one of the most beneficial things I have found this deployment is not to not rely so much on distractions but instead allowing myself to experience the ache. I want to stomp my feet and throw a temper tantrum and say I can't do this and I don't want to. I want to tell my friends and family who see me as strong and able to get through this that I don't want to be strong. I want to tell the people who say, " You have done this before and you will do it again" that my last experience is not the same and please don't downplay the reality of this time. I want to say that I don't want to sacrifice another year! All of these thoughts have gone through my mind but I won't give in to them. I will persevere! Those of you who know my testimony from past deployments know that God uses these deployments. I will stay focused and not let this time pull me away from God regardless of the difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement. I will rely on God's power to get me through. I don't want any of you to see me as strong. I want you to see God's strength and power in me.

I Surrender All,
  Angela






Here is picture of my Precious Alexis at her Science presentation today.


5 comments:

Rodney H. Kay said...

There are times when we don't want to be strong, but we are because it is the only option. This is when we realize we are not being strong for the sake of strength, but we are being strong for the sake of others. In your case, you are being strong for the sake of your children and for Michael. This is not your strength, but it is God's strength shining through you. You are in my prayers for this deployment, because each is different; each is difficult; and each is God's way of teaching us a lesson. So I will pray for the lesson that God wants/needs to teach you. You will be amazed, how years from now, this lesson will hit home. My lessons from ages past come home new and fresh every day.

The Kay Family said...

Thank you. It is so good to know I have a warrior like you praying for me! I am ready to learn.

Lana Vaughan said...

I think of you when I hear this song. http://youtu.be/6Pzu-jWpcdw

Tara said...

I can't find the words. I think of how much you have grown spiritually on his first deployment, and about your relationship with Michael. What was that song on the first deployment...."Try a little tenderness." Each morning, I pray for each of you, to have the strength to get through this day.

This quote is from One Thousand Gifts.."Trust in God always. When a bridge breaks, remember you will always fall into His arms."

I love you sis! I am always here for you even though we are miles apart.

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.