Sunday, April 8, 2012

Deployment Day Two

The first week of a deployment has a reputation for being the hardest because a routine is abruptly shaken and changed. Today has been filled with blessings even in the midst of an ache and longing to share the day with my best friend, husband, and the father of my children. Today has been a day that God has used my children to teach me. I am sure they are oblivious to the teaching but one day I am sure they will understand.

The morning began with a pleasant surprise from my son Nathan. He came into my room about 5 or 6 AM and gently nudged me awake. He then said, "You look lonely." He then climbed into bed and snuggled up next to me and went back to sleep. Little did he know that last night I had the hardest time sleeping and right about the time he snuggled up to me is when Michael usually snuggles up to me as we began stirring and preparing to wake up for the day. I was so thankful for the precious moment and the heart of my son.

 He struggled yesterday and it really upset him to see me cry. He has reminded me multiple times today that Daddy really loves me. Why is he stepping up in this way? Is it because he is the oldest son and is now taking his place as man of the house? I mentioned yesterday that I experience the presence of God daily and I often experience His presence more when I am open and ready to receive it. My eyes are wide open to His presence. He is speaking to me through my children. Nathan is not only my son but my brother because he asked Jesus to be his Lord and Savior in May of 2010.  He is a child of the Risen Lord.

 For all my old and new blog followers I wanted to let you know that I told Michael I would post on the blog every day while we are apart. I have joined a blog challenge to support my commitment this week as I already feel challenged to keep my commitment. My desire is to share the journey with all of you to encourage you, to Give God the Glory during this time, and to provide Michael with glimpses from our day. Some days I may post a lot of pictures and some days I may post only one. Today you will see only two. For our Easter lunch the children chose our favorite local Thai restaurant and we sat at the table we always sit at and of course one chair was empty. We miss his presence.

Looking at the chair now makes me think of all my friends who have empty chairs that will never again be filled with their loved one. I lift them up now to the Lord and am so thankful that One day...

"When I stand, in that place
Free at last, meeting face to face
I am Yours Jesus You are mine
Endless joy, perfect peace
Earthly pain finally will cease
Celebrate Jesus is alive
He's alive"
 from Tim Hughes  Happy Day

He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed! 

Love,
     Angela

2 comments:

Tara said...

They all look wonderful, and are really growing.

Your words inspire me. I am so proud of Nathan. He is a good young man. You have such amazing children, I am so thankful you have them to bless you each day.

Love you!

p.s. Awesome, you set a place in honor of Michael.

Snowy said...

What Tara said... :o)